Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 3 Classes

SorryI am a little late with this posting.  In last weeks class everyone got to make the overalls and a card using the very popular new Cottage Garden set from the new Mini.

The base card is Rich Razzleberry with Old Olive, Orchard Opulance and Very Vanilla.  We used Old Olive, Orchard Opulance and Rich Razzleberry ink and the butterfly has been "blinged" using the Two Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds.  We used the Eyelet Border to add a bit of "girly" soften the look.
It is easy to forget about the inside of your cards but we should put the effort in to make it part of the card. 


This is another set of the overalls and was the first one I did.  I used Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow and Real Red.  The Bold Brighs are so good for childrens projects.  This was almost a no stamp project but I couldn't have that so there is a tiny "BOO!" on the little yellow tag which is from the Tiny Tags set in the Autumn/Winter Mini. The punches used were, 13/4" circle, Large and Small Star, 3/4" and 1/2" circles and the Round Tab Punch.  We went around the pocket using the Mat Pack and Paper Piercer to create the  "sewn" look . The suit was edged using the cutter kit to make it look a little worn.  The faux buttons were created with the 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches some twine and a sewing needle.
I'm not bored with making these yet and luckily for me a few people we know are expecting babies soon so I will have to get some girly ones ready just in case.



1 comment:

Julia said...

Hiya Sue - Liam Pucher gave me your template for these lovely dungarees and I just wanted to say thanks. I have put your blog link under my blog post showing my version. http://juliascards.blogspot.com/2010/06/mambo-dungarees.html
Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Cheers
Julia