Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Waterfall Favourite








My youngest son's 11th birthday was last weekend and one of his favourite cards that I make is the Waterfall card so I thought I would make him one.
I was true to form and made this late at night the night before his birthday.
A tradition in our family is that you get breakfast in bed for your birthday and we all sit around and share the breakfast and do presents.
Kye started his toast and then opened his cards. As you can see this has a lovely buttery finger print on the front of the card. He felt bad that he had done it so I will have to put a star over it to fix it up.
I have used Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White card and Real Red ink. I stamped the red background with the Sanded background and versamark. The letters are from the Schoolbook Serif Alphaber and the greeting is from the Starring You set on page 141.
The pull down flap has a Round Tab punch attached with eyelets which also attach the horizontal strip on the main card. The stars are the small Star punch.
These are great interactive cards that children love.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great card for a boy! Fantastic job!

Liam said...

Hi Sue,

I hope your son had a great birthday. Love the card you made for him. Love waterfall cards. Thanks for sharing.

Liam