Sunday, September 20, 2009

Missing In Action




I haven't been giving my Blog much attention lately but life has taken over. Early September is a very busy time in our household. We have so many family and friends with birthdays in the first week all we seem to do is eat cake, hand out gifts and as usual make cards at the last minute. One day I will get around to having a huge stash ready (ha, ha)!
I have been making many things but I haven't even got around to taking photo's of them before giving away, slack I know. It is my nieces 5th birthday on Monday and we will be seeing her later today. I made a card for her last night and I have managed to take a photo of it.
She is having a party next weekend and will be having fairies and butterflies as all little girls should so I had to incorporate some butterflies. I don't have any fairy stamps can you believe so went to the next best girlie option - BLING!!! The photo doesn't do this justice as it sparkles like a christmas tree.
The stamp sets are Garden Whimsy and Great Friend and Polka Dot background. I used my two favourite colours at the moment, Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette with a bit of Old Olive. I am really struggling to get a way from these colours at the moment.
After stamping the flowers I applied Heat & Stick powder and then Dazzling Diamonds. I then wanted it to have a shine to it so added Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder. This sparkles so much in the light. I did the butterflies and the words with clear embossing powder first and then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on whilst it was still hot. The 'wish big" is from Short & Sweet and I used the Word Window, Large Oval and Scallop Oval punches. A bit of the Riding Hood Red satin ribbon and finished.

It is never too early to introduce a girl to BLING, wouldn't you agree!




1 comment:

Lynda said...

Great card Sue...ironically BOTH of these sets are on my wish list...LOL!!!! I hope your neice loved it...and you are right about the bling thing. My 5 yo has a passion for pure shiny plastic....LOL!!!