Friday, December 17, 2010

Watercolours


Watercolouring can be so much fun and this little set is just right for this technique.  We used Every Moment which is on page 72 of the catalogue and can be easily missed - I know I missed it the first few dozen times I flicked through my catalogue.  The colours are Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Sahara Sand and Watercolour paper.  We used the Aqua pens to "paint" the image and of course we had to add a little Dazzling Diamonds that unfortunatley don't show up too well in this photo.  Both the butterfly and flower centre dazzle.


What is going on with me lately - another bird!!!!  This is also part of the Every Moment set.  The colours are the same as the card above and the words are from Elements Of Style.


To give the non watercolour lovers a break we also did this quick but effective card inspired by the Catalogue.  By simply changing the colours and embelishments you can adapt this card to be either male or female orientated or adult to child very easily.  This one is done in Pear Pizzaz, Concord Crush and Whisper White.  We used the Polka Dot embossing folder a punch or two, a bit of ribbon and some bling and there you have it, quick, simple but effective.

I have done this in several colour schemes and also used the layout for several Christmas cards but unfortunately I can't find the photo's I took before I gave them out!  That's what happens when you don't do things immediately.  Maybe Santa will bring me a personal organisation fairy!  Fingers crossed!

No comments: