Thursday, November 19, 2009

Faux Tiling
















Faux tiling is a technique that I have seen done many times but hadn't done myself. I just kept forgetting to give it a go. When I started this card I just thought "kitchen" and I just had to use one of my favourite sets - Voila! I think the Chef is soooo cute and a lot of fun.
I used Bashful Blue and Pacific Point and Glossy White Card Stock. The patterns on the "tiles" are from Circle Circus. We used the Blender Pens to colour the Chef and he is mounted using Dimensionals.

As an added technique to this card we did a "pop-up" message on the inside of the card. Using the Glossy stock gives a look of actual tiles when the light reflects on the card.

The other card made in this class was Male orientated. I always find it hard to make male cards but the Sense of Time set from the Spring Mini is great. The phrases in this set are some of my favourites. The Spring Mini runs out at the end of November so if there is anything in this catalogue that you want or should I say need, let me know and I can order it for you.

The cardstock is Chocolate Chip, Ballet Blue and Very Vanilla. To give it a rough, masculine look I used the distresser on the Cutter Kit from page 155. The Chocolate Chip brad is from the smaller of the Jumbo Brads Neutrals Assortment on page 10 of the Spring Mini. I double stamped the clock and with the 1" circle, punched out the second counter and mounted this with Dimensionals. It doesn't come up in the photo but I used the mechanism stamp from the set and versamark to create a watermark effect on the base card.

1 comment:

Juliette Chapman said...

Wow. Love the faux tiling. Awesome job. Will have to give it a go. Love your use of Circle Circus as well. Looking forward to meeting you.