Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Same But Different

It may be hard to believe but these two cards were made from the same packs.
The first card was created for a work shop. The main card is Not Quite Navy with Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze. The patterned paper is from the Urban Garden pack.
We stamped with Versamark and the Inspired By Nature set and then embossed with White embossing powder.
The strip of Kiwi Kiss was torn and edged with the sponge daubers and Kiwi Kiss ink. The words are from the Inspired By Nature set also and the edges of strip were rounded with the corner rounder punch. We made a ribbon tag with the Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon. These colours work really well together and create a peaceful look.
When I was putting some things away I found a spare pack from this work shop. I was going to make up another of the same cards but then thought I should try and make it different. I think I achieved that.
I used exactly the same cardstock but turned the patterned paper over which made it more male orientated. I used the words from the Starring You set on page 141 which are easy to look over but are really handy. I punched out a few small stars with the punch and as you can see it is very different from the first. You should try doing this yourself and see what you come up with. If you have a blog send me the link so I can see what you have created.

No comments: