Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Inspired By Nature - Week 8 Class

When I post each weeks class photos it reminds me of how fast the weeks are flying by.  It is hard to believe that there are only 2 weeks classes left before school holidays.  I don't know about you but I am convinced that the world is spinning faster and the days are getting shorter.  Its either that or I just can't fit as many things into a day that I used to.
Inspired By Nature is one of my favourite sets and I haven't used it for a long time.  I also got to do a project that I have wanted to do for a long time.


This is an Easel Topped Desk Drawer and I have wanted to make on of these for months.  I have seen many people do these but I got my template from Jenny Moors.
This one is done in Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze and the papers are from Urban Garden.  The flower is from Inspired By Nature and was punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  The other two layers were done with the Circle Scissor Plus.  We added Dazzling Diamonds with the Two Way Glue Pen.  The "handle" on the drawer is from The Designer Brads.
Instead of putting a stamped image on the top, you could put a family photo and put a Post It Note pad instead of the calendar.  You could also put a brad or pearl instead of the calendar as an anchor for the easel.



We did this card to match.  The main image was stamped onto a larger piece of card and then cut into 1" strips to create a "tile"effect.  To create the illusion of the flowers being in the foreground we stamped off the grass before stamping onto the card.  This makes it lighter so it appears to be further away.
We created a 'spotlight" by stamping the flower image onto scrap adn punching it out and mounting it over the main image.  Of course we had to add some bling to match the Desk Drawer and you can never have enough bling.





This is the same class but done in Basic Greay and Kiwi Kiss.  The papers are also from Urban Garden. 

1 comment:

Kerry Parkinson said...

GORJUS, GORJUS, GORJUS! Love both card and easel in both colourways, but especially Baja Breeze (lurve that colour!). Congrats on finally getting around to it, LOL! They are beautiful, I'm sure your classes loved making them. Look forward to seeing what else you bought from Jenny, LOL!