Thursday, May 29, 2008

Football Card



We have a boy on my son's rugby team that has broken his arm and I had to whip up a card today so the team could sign it.



I used the great new sets Just Rugby and Go Team which are great for boy cards. It has always been a little difficult to do boy cards but these sets make it so easy. Have a look at page 68 and 69 in the Catalogue at the wonderful sets available.

The images are stamped with Night of Navy ink pad on Bashful Blue card stock. I cut the image of the player and mounted this onto Night of Navy card. I had a scrap of Certainly Celery which I used as a highlight strip. The words are punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then mounted on Certainly Celery punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. This was then mounted on Certainly Celery and then onto the Night of Navy base card. I used Dimensionals to lift the football.

I then used my new Crop-A-Dile that I got for Mothers Day and punched three holes on each side for a highlight. I taped left over strips of Certainly Celery behind the card to add a little more colour. To cover the strips on the inside of the card I needed to add a paper insert.

Sorry about the quality of the photo, I think I need to do a photography course! I hope this all makes sense as it is late and been a long day. Hope this gives you some inspiration for boy cards.
Images © 1990-2008 Stampin’ Up! ®

No comments: