Friday, August 16, 2013

Up to Date

Well that wasn't too difficult - I am now up to date!  I am actually sitting down with my hubby and my lovely little niece and nephew and this is the difficult part - watching the Friday night football.  Get out the thermometer, I must be sick.  There has to be better things to do with a Friday night!

Anyway here are this weeks cards we made. 

 
This was a quick simple Fathers Day or Birthday card using the Six Sided Sampler set mixed with Gorgeous Grunge that is going to be very popular I am sure.  I was devastated when French Foliage went but Gorgeous Grunge is a pretty good substitute.  We used the co-ordinating Hexagon punch - just love it when there is a matching punch.  The words are from Teeny Tiny Sentiments.  The colours are Basic Black, Whisper White with a splash of Island Indigo.

 
I finally got around to experiment with colouring the Crepe Filter Paper!  The flower petals were cut from the Floral Frames Dies and coloured with Rasberry Ripple and Primrose Petal.  We stappled the layers together, scrunched them to make them look like a flower and added a large pearl.  The leaves are the large Oval Punch trimmed on one end to make a point and coloured with Old Olive. 
 
The card is Shimmer White and the script is from the gorgeous Background Builders stamp set.  When I first saw this set in the Catalogue I thought they were the builder wheels and was sooooo pleased when I realised it was a stamp set as they are so much easier to use.  I think this set will be another one of my new favourites.
 
 

 
There were a few steps to this card.  We used the script stamp from Background builders and then the splotches from Gorgeous Grunge to create the background in Crumb Cake, Primrose Petal and Pear Pizzaz.
 
We ran a strip of Primrose Petals CoreDinations cardstock through the Honeycomb Embossing folder and then given a light sand.  The new Deco Labels Collection labels are in Pear Pizzaz and Very Vanilla.  The My Friend words are from Six Sided Sampler and the flowers are made with the 7/8 inch scallop circle punch and the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Bunch.  The leaves are from the Bird Builder punch and with a bit of bling added here and there I think it makes a lovely girly card.

No comments: