Friday, August 13, 2010

Class Catch Up - Week 3 - Brayering

I have always admired cards that have been brayered but never tried it so after a lesson from the very talented Brayer Queen Kerry, I thought I should put my under utilised brayers into action and get them earning their keep.
Both cards are very simple and quick to make but look like you have spent hours getting the colour just right.

Card 1:
Basic Black, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Whisper White card stock
Bashful Blue, Old Olive and Night of Navy ink
Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set
Versamark and Black embossing powder
Brayer
Brayering is a great way of creating a certain colour card stock if you don't have it. Once you have done a few practise runs it is so much easier than I ever imagined and so much fun creating different colour scenes.



Card 2:
Really Rust, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip ink
Inspired by Nature stamp set
1 1/4" circle punch
Brayer
I love the colour combination of this one.  It reminds me of the summer we are all longing for.

I really enjoyed brayering and will definitely be doing more of it when time permits me to have some play time.

No comments: