Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines


My husband and I are not hugely into Valentines Day. I am happy to get breakfast in bed and well he is happy to not have to stress out about flowers, chocolates or getting the right gift. I think it is important to do the little things for each other every day rather than focus on one day.

Saying that, it did give me an occassion to make a card though which is always a good thing. I didn't want to give him a flowery card but wanted something that would express my love.

I incorporated a flower pot card with my new Full Heart Punch. I used Riding Hood Red (to replace the red roses) and Whisper White card stock. I rubbed over the flower pot with Versamark to give it a 'weathered" look and used the Scallop Edge punch to lift the rim of the flower pot. The words are from Short and Sweet and the flourish on the heart and rim of the pot is from Frames with a Flourish. I have had this set for awhile and haven't used it but have discovered why I had to have it recently so you will see quite a bit of it coming up. I found the heart shaped chocolate at my local chemist of all places and it was a perfect size.

You can tell this was a card for a man as it is the day after Valentines and the chocolate is still there. Now if he had given that to me.........................
I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday and were at least a little spoilt.

No comments: