Saturday, November 1, 2008

5 Petal Flower Punch




I have seen a few of these around on the internet so today I thought I would have a go at doing one. I punched 7 of the 5 petal flowers from Pale Plum card stock and inked them using a dauber with Perfect Plum. I then cut all the petals into single petals and stuck them around a centre flower filling in the gaps each time. The leaves are the same punch and I cut it into 2 and 3 petals. I used Mellow Moss card stock for these and also inked around the edges using Mellow Moss. The flower centre is two of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms Punch in the mini catalogue. I did these in Pale Plum and inked with Perfect Plum also. The edges are curled slightly and both layers are mounted with Dimensionals.
The background is Pale Plum stamped with the Linen background stamp in Versamark and then lightly rubbed with Perfect Plum from the Stampin' Pastels. The Mellow Moss has been edged with Mellow Moss ink and the words are from the One of A Kind set. The flower centre is a half pearl from the Pretties Kit.
This card took a little time but it gives you a different use for the punch and you don't have to do so many layers.

3 comments:

Liam said...

I love this card. I should try it. Thank you for sharing! The colours are stunning.

regards

Liam

Robyn said...

It looks fabulous Sue- I never would have thought you could use a punch in that way! TFS !

Sherry's Creations said...

It's beautiful I can't wai tto make one!!!