Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Little Treat Jar





 
Every year a group of friends go away for a wonderful weekend at Somersby.  A very good friend of ours parents have a small property there and it is always such a lovely getaway.  We have been going there for about 12 years now and we always come home so relaxed and not wanting to eat for a few days as there is always far too much food.
I like to give a gift of something handmade each year as a small token of our appreciation for such a fantastic weekend.  This year, I did a jar that I got at Woollies and filled it with Choccies.  I covered it with a strip of Rose Red cardstock that was embossed with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder.  The ribbon is the two tone, Pink Pirouette/Rose Red from the new mini. The tag is done with a combination of punches and Big Shot dies and the little flower is the gorgeous Flower Trim ribbon from the new mini.
I created the "Gerbera" oon the lid using a die that sadly didn't come to Australia but I was lucky  enough to be given one.  There are many layers to create the look but you could do something similar with any of the flower big shot dies.  Under the flower is the Scallop Circle Bigz Die and a button from the brights collection.
This really turned out to be more of a pressy for the lady of the house as it is quite girly but I was really pleased with how it turned out and she absolutely loved it!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I love this Sue.....so pretty! I'm sure the recipient of this gift would be thrilled too.