Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Christmas In August?



I normally start doing Christmas cards once a month from July but somehow this year, July came and went before I knew it, so we had to start in August.  It seems really weird to start so early but if you are anything like me, (horribly unorganised!) if you don't get an early start they never get done.  I would be horrified if I had to go out and do the unthinkable and buy Christmas cards.
 The idea behind these cards was to make them fairly quick to make so that they could easily be mass produced without looking too simple.

The first card is a bit of a spin off of a card that we did last year.
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Stamps: Snow Swirled
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds

The second card uses one of my fav Christmas colour combos:

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Always Arthichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Versamark
Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Baroque Motifs, Contempo Christmas
Accessories:  Silver Embossing Powder

It was great to get a start on Christmas so hopefully I can get enough done early so there isn't the usual last minute late night stamping very late in December.

No comments: